Maduka Okoye Biography
Maduka Okoye is a Nigerian professional footballer who plays as a goalkeeper for the Nigeria national team and Sparta Rotterdam in the Eredivisie on loan from Premier League side Watford FC.
Early Life & Education
Maduka Emilio Okoye was born brought into the world in Düsseldorf on 28 August 1999 to a Nigerian dad and a German mother.
He was brought up in Enugu, Nigeria, by his folks. Maduka Okoye is at present living in Düsseldorf, Germany.
He finished his school concentrates in Elly-Heuss-Knapp Berufskolleg Düsseldorf. What’s more, Maduka Okoye is finishing his school concentrates in Düsseldorf.
Maduka Okoye Career
Maduka Okoye started his career in 2012 with Bayer Leverkusen, turning up for their Youth team. In 2017, he left Bayer Leverkusen for Fortuna Düsseldorf, where he played for their Youth team and the senior team, Fortuna Düsseldorf II.
He was fully promoted to Fortuna Düsseldorf II, a football team that plays in the Regionalliga West in 2018.
In the summer of 2017, he left the youth team of Bayer Leverkusen, where he has played since 2012 to join the youth team of Fortuna Düsseldorf.
In July 2020, Maduka Okoye signed for Eredivise side Sparta Rotterdam. About his sensational season in 2021.
On 14 August 2019, Rohr invited Maduka for a friendly against Ukraine, which was played on 10 September 2019 in Dnipro-Arena. Maduka made his international debut as a substitute in a friendly match against Brazil ending 1–1, On 13 October 2019.
He recently made the squad for the 2021 AFCON in Cameroon and was the number one goalkeeper at the tournament.
Maduka Okoye And P-Square Relationship | Are They Related Or Brothers?
Maduka Okoye an immediate cousin of the twin music stars, Peter ‘Mr P’ Okoye and Paul ‘Rudeboy’ Okoye (P-Square) and their senior sibling/former director, Jude Okoye. He is of Igbo tribe from Anambra State, Nigeria.
Maduka Okoye’s relationship with the music duo was revealed via Instagram after the Goalkeeper got engaged by the P Square brothers after Sparta Rotterdam signed him.
Maduka posted a picture of himself in the club with a caption that said; “Happy to sign for this tremendous and traditional club. Can’t wait to get started with the new chapter in my career. Proud to be a Spartan.”
Reacting to the post, Paul Okoye (Rudeboy) took to the comments section to congratulate him for his deal.
Paul, also went further and posted Maduka’s picture on his page to further congratulate him, he wrote; “When your kid bro is making you proud. Congrats @madukaokoye.”
While both did not exactly state their relationship and on what terms they were brothers, it was easy to conclude from their last names, and their different Dad’s that they were cousins.
Maduka Okoye Girlfriend
Maduka Okoye never flaunts his relationship on social media, so there is no information if the footballer has a girlfriend or not.
Maduka Okoye Net Worth
Maduka Okoye net worth as of 2022 is estimated at around $1.2 million – $10 million.
Maduka Okoye Profile: Biography of Super Eagles Goalkeeper Making Ladies Go Gaga
Here are things you need to know about him:
- Maduka Emilio Okoye (born 28 August 1999) was born in Düsseldorf to a Nigerian father and a German mother.
- He left Nigeria at six and did not return for 14 years.
- Born of Enugu-Nigeria father and a German mother, he spent brief times in Enugu, Abuja, and Lagos before he was ferried to Germany where he spent his formative years and become a professional footballer
- He was groomed at Bayer Leverkusen’s academy before joining Fortuna Dusseldorf in 2017 where he has been manning the post for the reserves.
- In July 2020, Okoye signed for Eredivise side Sparta Rotterdam.
- On 30 November 2017, former coach Gernot Rohr talked about his plans to invite Maduka to the National Team before the 2018 World Cup but the plans weren’t successful
- On 20 February 2019, during an interview conducted by German-based sports journalist, Oma Akatugba, Maduka hinted that he’s open to an invitation by the National Team and ever willing to wear the green and white.
- On 22 February 2019, he was invited to the Nigerian U23 Team for the 2019 African U-23 Cup of Nations qualifier against Libya U-23 by Imama Amapakabo, the coach of the Nigeria U23 Team, but failed to make a debut, due to club engagement.
- On 9 May 2019, Maduka was again invited to the Nigerian U23 Team for the 2019 African U-23 Cup of Nations qualifier against Sudan U-23.
- On 26 July 2019, the coach of the Nigerian National Team, Gernot Rohr, hinted that he is shifting his focus to Maduka as he looks to solve the goalkeeping crisis that has rocked his team since Carl Ikeme quit due to illness.
- On 14 August 2019, Rohr invited Maduka for a friendly against Ukraine that was played on 10 September 2019 in Dnipro-Arena.
- On 13 October 2019, he made his international debut as a substitute in a friendly match against Brazil, ending 1–1.